APMG Change Management Foundation & PractitionerPosted on 04 Apr, 2018
CategoriesBusiness Analysis Courses
Dealing with change and more importantly, the impact of change is a high priority for all organizations. The Change Management Certification has been developed by APMG in partnership with the Change Management Institute (CMI), an independent, global professional association of change managers. Together they have developed a professional ‘body of knowledge’ for the discipline of change management. This body of knowledge now provides an independent benchmark for the professional knowledge expected of an effective change manager.
APMG’s refreshed Change Management certification is fully aligned with the change management body of knowledge. The new syllabus samples a wide range of knowledge regarding the theory and practice of change management including:
- change and the individual
- change and the organization
- communication and stakeholder engagement and;
- change practice
The Change Management certification is delivered by APMG’s Accredited Training Organizations (ATOs). By passing both Foundation and Practitioner examinations – candidates will have acquired the knowledge needed to receive CMI’s ACM (Foundation) accreditation. They offer successful candidates a simpler route to personal accreditation, with only the experience element to complete.
Benefits for Individuals – all about ‘know-how’
- Understand the human side of change and know how to help people deal more effectively with change, maintaining their commitment and bringing them successfully through the change process.
- Understand the various types of change that affect organizations, and know how to draw on a range of professional approaches to support the effective delivery of the organization’s desired outcomes from each change initiative.
- Know how to identify and work with the stakeholders in a change initiative, and how to plan, execute and measure the effective communications required to build and maintain their engagement.
- Know how to assess the impacts of change, to develop effective change teams and to recognize and address resistance to change.
- Understand the process of sustaining change and know how to embed a change initiative as the new ‘business as usual’.
Benefits for Organizations – all about delivery
- Build the organization’s capability and capacity to deal successfully with change, improving agility.
- Increase the probability of successful business change/transformation – supporting strategic direction.
- Minimize risks (costs, delays, loss of employee engagement, reputation) associated with failed initiatives.
- Align change initiatives with established, processdriven methods (like PRINCE2® and MSP®) to develop a unified approach to change.
- Develop and sustain employee commitment and alignment with organizational purpose during times of change.
- Build and maintain the engagement of internal and external stakeholders with new initiatives.
- Manage more effective change communications with internal and external constituencies so that change is understood and supported.
- Improve assessment of change impact, integrated change planning and successful embedding of change into the life of the organization.
Who Should Attend
The Foundation level is for anyone who wants a sound understanding of Change Management principles and practices. On completion, you will be ready to sit the APMG Change Management Foundation exam. Practitioner level is for anyone with Foundation level knowledge who wants to gain practicing level capability and attain the full certification. It is ideal for those who lead, manage or contribute to the facilitation of change within an organisation. On completion, you will be ready to sit the APMG Change Management Practitioner exam
The purpose of the Foundation certification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of Change Management to work as an informal member of a team working on an organizational change initiative. The Foundation certification is also a pre-requisite for the APMG Practitioner certification.
- Multiple choice
- Four sections, total of 50 questions
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 60 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
The purpose of the Practitioner certification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient know-how to apply and tailor Change Management guidance in a given organizational change situation. A successful Practitioner candidate should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the Change Management approaches and techniques to a real change initiative - but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Their individual Change Management expertise, complexity of the change initiative and the support provided for the use of Change Management approaches in their work environment will all be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve. Successful candidates will have fulfilled the knowledge requirements for Change Management Institute accreditation.
- Objective testing based on a case study scenario
- Four questions of 20 marks each
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 2.5 hours duration
- Restricted open book - The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook may be used in the exam.
- Starts on 23 Apr 2018 to 27 Apr 2018 - Nairobi