The Certified Network Defender (CND) certification program focuses on creating Network Administrators who are trained on protecting, detecting and responding to the threats on the network. Network administrators are usually familiar with network components, traffic, performance and utilization, network topology, location of each system, security policy, etc. A CND will get the fundamental understanding of the true construct of data transfer, network technologies, software technologies so that the they understand how networks operate, understand what software is automating and how to analyze the subject material.
In addition, network defense fundamentals, the application of network security controls, protocols, perimeter appliances, secure IDS, VPN and firewall configuration, intricacies of network traffic signature, analysis and vulnerability scanning are also covered which will help the Network Administrator design greater network security policies and successful incident response plans..
The purpose of the CND credential is to:
Validate the skills that will help the Network Administrators foster resiliency and continuity of operations during attacks.
Who Is It For
Network Administrators, Network security Administrators, Network Security Engineer, Network Defense Technicians, CND Analyst, Security Analyst, Security Operator and Anyone who involves in network operations
CND Course Outline
Module 01: Computer Network and Defense Fundamentals.
Module 02: Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attacks.
Module 03: Network Security Controls, Protocols, and Devices.
Module 04: Network Security Policy Design and Implementation.
Module 05: Physical Security.
Module 06: Host Security.
Module 07: Secure Firewall Configuration and Management.
Module 08: Secure IDS Configuration and Management.
Module 09: Secure VPN Configuration and Management.
Module 10: Wireless Network Defense.
Module 11: Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis.
Module 12: Network Risk and Vulnerability Management.
Module 13: Data Backup and Recovery.
Module 14: Network Incident Response and Management.
About the Exam
- Number of Questions: 100
- Test Duration: 4 Hours
- Test Format: Multiple Choice
- Test Delivery: ECC EXAM
- Exam Prefix: 312-49 (ECC EXAM)
Information Security Courses
- RESILIA PRACTITIONER
- RESILIA FOUNDATION
- ISO 27001 Lead Implementer
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
- ISO 27001 Foundation
- Certified Network Defender (CND)
- Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC®)
- information security foundation course based on ISO 27002
- Information security Awareness and Training Program
- Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI)
- CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Certified Information Security Manager
- CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)