COBIT® 2019 is ISACA’s framework for effective and strategic governance of information and technology (EGIT). Effective governance over information and technology is critical to business success, and this new release further cements COBIT’s continuing role as an important driver of innovation and business transformation.
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize the context, benefits and key reasons COBIT is used as an information and technology governance framework.
- Explain the key attributes of the COBIT framework
o Key attributes
o Product family
o Alignment with industry frameworks
- Compare the COBIT principles for governance system framework.
- Describe the components of a governance system:
o Governance and management objectives
o Components of the governance system
o Focus areas
o Design factors
o Goals cascade
- Describe the elements of governance and management objectives.
- Differentiate COBIT based performance management using maturity and capability perspectives.
- Discover how to design a tailored governance system using COBIT.
- Explain the key points of the COBIT business case.
- Describe the relationships between the COBIT Design and Implementation Guides.
- Prepare for the COBIT 2019 Foundation exam.
Who should attend:
The course is intended namely for
- Chief Executives
- Business management
- IT/IS auditors
- Internal auditors
- Information security and IT practitioners
- IT service managers.
- IT/IS management
- Any stakeholder with responsibilities for the governance and management of information and technology
Participants should have experience in the IT governance domain. The participants should download for free the “COBIT 2019 Framework: Introduction and Methodology” and the “COBIT 2019 Business Framework for the Governance and Management of Enterprise IT”.
The COBIT 2019 Foundation training covers 8 modules:
- Framework introduction – 12%
- Principles – 13%
- Governance System and Components – 30%
- Governance and Management Objectives – 23%
- Performance Management – 4%
- Designing a Tailored Governance System – 7%
- Business Case -3%
- Implementation – 8%
Exam voucher is included in the price, allowing to take the remote-proctored exam online1 on the ISACA website.
Two hours (120 minutes) are given to complete the closed book exam. Each multiple-choice question has three options with only one correct answer. A score of 65% or higher is required to pass the exam.