COBIT 5 AssessorPosted on 04 Apr, 2018
COBIT 5 is the internationally accepted best practice framework for IT governance and control. With a focus on managing processes, COBIT 5 has helped organizations bridge the gaps between control requirements, regulatory compliance, and business risks to significantly increase the value of their investment in IT. Building on existing knowledge, this COBIT 5 Assessor course provides a basis for assessing an enterprise’s process capabilities against the COBIT 5 Process Assessment Model (PAM). Evidence-based to enable a reliable, consistent and repeatable way to assess IT process capabilities, this model helps IT leaders gain Clevel and board member buy-in for change and improvement initiatives.
- Starts on 02 May 2018 to 04 May 2018 - Nairobi
- Attendees can expect to gain knowledge in the following areas upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certificate;
How to perform a process capability assessment using the Assessor Guide: using COBIT 5
- How to apply the Process Assessment Model (The PAM) in performing a process capability assessment, specifically:
- To use the Process Reference Model, in particular, to be able to use the 37 processes outlined in the PRM
- To apply and analyze the measurement model in assessing process capability levels
- To apply and analyze the capability dimension using generic criteria outlined in the PAM
- How to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process
- How to perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide,
- Initiate a process assessment
- Scope an assessment, using the tools provided and the PAM for the
selection of the appropriate processes
- Plan and brief the teams
- Collect and validate the data
- Do a process attribute rating
- Report the findings of the assessment
How to use the self-assessment guide
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for business managers, chief executives, IT/IS auditors, internal auditors, consultants and IT/IS managers.
Structure and Content
The course comprises lectures, group discussion, case study based assignments, a sample examination paper and other guidance to prepare attendees for the APMG COBIT 5 Assessor examination. The course activities are reinforced through the trainer’s experience and track record. The course content is based on COBIT 5, including the framework and other supporting documentation.
All delegates attending this course must have knowledge of the COBIT 5 framework and have attended and passed the COBIT 5 Foundation training course and exam.
Attendees will be issued with an in-course workbook and hand-outs and the ISACA COBIT5 Assessor Guide along with other relevant material.
This COBIT 5 Assessor Course will prepare delegates for a 2.5-hour open book examination. Successful candidates will be awarded the ISACA COBIT 5 Assessor qualification.