COBIT 5 FoundationPosted on 04 Apr, 2018
COBIT 5 is the only business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT. COBIT 5 helps maximize the value of information by incorporating the latest thinking in enterprise governance and management techniques and provides globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models to help increase the trust in, and value from, information systems. Learn the importance of an effective framework to enable business value. Delve into the elements of ISACA’s evolutionary framework to understand how COBIT 5 covers the business end-to-end and helps you effectively govern and manage enterprise IT. Developed for anyone interested in obtaining foundation-level knowledge of COBIT, the course explains the COBIT framework and supporting materials in a logical and example-driven approach.
Objectives: At the conclusion of this course, attendees will understand;
- How IT management issues are affecting organizations
- The need for an effective framework to govern and manage enterprise IT
- How COBIT meets the requirement for an IT governance framework
- How COBIT is used with other standards and best practices
- The functions that COBIT provides and the benefits of using COBIT
- The COBIT Framework and all the components of COBIT
- How to apply COBIT in a practical situation
- Starts on 23 Apr 2018 to 24 Apr 2018 - Nairobi
Who should attend?
IT auditors, IT managers, IT quality professionals, IT leadership, IT developers, process practitioners, managers in IT service providing firms
Structure and Content
The course comprises lectures, group discussion, assignments, a sample examination paper and other guidance to prepare attendees for the APMG COBIT 5 Foundation examination. The course activities are reinforced through the trainer’s proven implementation track record. The course content is based on COBIT 5, including the framework and other supporting documentation.
Overview and key features of COBIT 5
- The drivers for the development of COBIT 5
- The business needs of the enterprise and the benefits provided by COBIT 5.
The COBIT 5 Principles
- Introduction to the framework principles, enablers, and the process reference model
- Principle 1 – Meeting stakeholder needs
- Principle 2 – Covering the enterprise end-to-end
- Principle 3 – Applying a single integrated framework
- Principle 4 – Enabling a holistic approach
- Principle 5 – Separating governance from management
The COBIT 5 Enablers
- Enabler 1 – Principles, policies, and frameworks
- Enabler 2 – Processes
- Enabler 3 – Organisational structures
- Enabler 4 – Culture, ethics, and behavior
- Enabler 5 – Information
- Enabler 6 – Services, infrastructure, and applications
- Enabler 7 – People, skills, and competencies.
An Introduction to COBIT 5 Implementation & Assessments
- The lifecycle model
- Internal and external factors that influence change
- Typical pain points and trigger events that drive change
- The importance and good practice of the business case
- The Process Capability Model (The Process Assessment Model)
- Introduction to the Process Capability Model based on ISO 15504
- The concepts and scope of Process Capability
- Assessment using the COBIT 5 Process Assessment Mode
The qualification is based on a 40-minute closed-book examination of 50 multiple choice questions. Successful attendees will be awarded the APMG COBIT 5 Foundation Certificate. The qualification is a mandatory pre-requisite for further COBIT 5 Implementation and Assessor training courses.