Computer hacking forensic investigation is the process of detecting hacking attacks and properly extracting evidence to report the crime and conduct audits to prevent future attacks. Computer crime in today’s cyber world is on the rise. Computer Investigation techniques are being used by police, government and corporate entities globally and many of them turn to ECCouncil for our Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator CHFI Certification Program.
Computer Security and Computer investigations are changing terms. More tools are invented daily for conducting Computer Investigations, be it computer crime, digital forensics, computer investigations, or even standard computer data recovery, The tools and techniques covered in EC-Council’sCHFI program will prepare the student to conduct computer investigations using groundbreaking digital forensics technologies.
Computer forensics is simply the application of computer investigation and analysis techniques in the interests of determining potential legal evidence. Evidence might be sought in a wide range of computer crime or misuse, including but not limited to theft of trade secrets, theft of or destruction of intellectual property, and fraud. CHFI investigators can draw on an array of methods for discovering data that resides in a computer system, or recovering deleted, encrypted, or damaged file information known as computer data recovery.
- The process of investigating cybercrime, laws involved, and the details in obtaining a search warrant.
- Different types of digital evidence, rules of evidence, digital evidence examination process, and electronic crime and digital evidence consideration by crime category
- Roles of first responder, first responder toolkit, securing and evaluating electronic crime scene, conducting preliminary interviews, documenting electronic crime scene, collecting and preserving electronic evidence, packaging and transporting electronic evidence, reporting the crime scene
- How to recover deleted files and deleted partitions in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Police and other law enforcement personnel
- Defense and Military personnel
- e-Business Security professionals
- Systems administrators
- Legal professionals
- Banking, Insurance and other professionals
- Government agencies
- IT managers
The CHFI certification validate the candidate’s skills to identify an intruder’s footprints and to properly gather the necessary evidence to prosecute in the court of law
- The CHFI certification is awarded after successfully passing the exam EC0 312-49.
- CHFI EC0 312-49 exams are available at VUE and Prometric Prime centers around the world.
Information Security Courses
- RESILIA PRACTITIONER
- RESILIA FOUNDATION
- ISO 27001 Lead Implementer
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
- ISO 27001 Foundation
- Certified Network Defender (CND)
- Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC®)
- information security foundation course based on ISO 27002
- Information security Awareness and Training Program
- Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI)
- CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Certified Information Security Manager
- CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)