ISTQB Technical Test AnalystPosted on 04 Apr, 2018
CategoriesSoftware Testing Courses
The ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst course will provide an understanding of technical testing issues beyond the ISTQB Foundation level giving participants the knowledge and skills required to become an Advanced Technical Test Analyst.
Part of the internationally recognised ISTQB® software testing scheme, candidates will take their knowledge and skills to an internationally recognised advanced level. Based on the ISTQB syllabus, certification focuses on the advanced skills required for a test analyst, test manager and technical test analyst.
Who is this aimed at?
This 4-day course is most appropriate for Testers, Test Analysts, Test Engineers, Test Consultants, Software Developers and anyone wishing to gain the ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst Certificate. The ISTQB Advanced Level certificates are also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, such as Project Managers, Quality Managers, Software Development Managers, Business Analysts, IT Directors and Management Consultants.
Pre-requisiteTo take the Advanced Technical Test Analyst Certificate candidates must hold the ISTQB/BCS Foundation certificate. In addition course participants are expected to have an understanding of general programming and system architecture concepts.
- A Technical Test Analyst’s Tasks in Risk-Based Testing
- Structure-Based Testing
- Analytical Techniques
- Quality Characteristics for Technical Testing
- Test Tools and Automation
- Recognize and classify the typical risks associated with the performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability of software systems
- Create test plans detailing the planning, design and execution of tests for mitigating performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability risks
- Select and apply appropriate structure-based techniques to achieve defined coverage criteria based on code and design
- Effectively participate in technical reviews with developers and software architects applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in code and architecture
- Recognize risks in code and software architecture and use dynamic analysis to mitigate those risks
- Use static analysis to suggest improvements to the security, maintainability and testability of code
- Outline the costs and benefits expected from introducing particular types of test automation
- Select appropriate tools to automate technical testing tasks
- Understand the technical issues and concepts in applying test automation
- Two hours ‘closed book’
- 45 complex multiple choice questions
- Pass mark is 65%
- Starts on 09 Apr - 13 Apr 2018