ITIL Capability Certificate in Operational Support and AnalysisPosted on 04 Apr, 2018
CategoriesITIL® and IT Service Management Training
Course OverviewThe ITIL Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) course is one of the four courses that fit into the capability stream for ITIL certification.
Course BenefitsThis certification is intended to enable the holders of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management to acquire the skills needed to begin the practical application of the concepts, covered by this course, in support of the Service Management lifecycle.
Course ObjectiveThe main focus of the course is covered by the Service Operation volume of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL). The core volume of Service Operation provides guidance on the day to day management of the ICT Infrastructure. It also contributes to the Service Management Lifecycle for carrying out those processes which contribute to the optimization of the services provided.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management, certificate and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals who require a practical understanding of the Operational Support and Analysis processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service within an organization
- Operational staff involved in Event Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfilment, Problem Management, Access Management and the Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application functions who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities
- Starts on 30 Apr 2018 to 03 May 2018 - Nairobi
The exam is gradient, scenario based multi-choice. There are 8 questions to be completed in 90 minutes. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks. The pass mark is 28 marks from 40 (70%). If taking an exam, delegates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided to PeopleCert. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate’s exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be
Possession of one of the following:
- ITIL v3 or 2011 Foundation
- ITIL v2 Foundation and v2/v3 Foundation Bridge.
On attending the course please ensure you provide documented evidence that you have passed the ITIL Foundation course by either presenting your certificate (or a copy of your certificate) to the course lecturer. If you cannot provide the physical certificate, then as a minimum you must provide the certificate number. Failure to comply with these pre-requisites will result in delegates results being withheld by the PeopleCert. Delegates are required to complete 21 hours of pre-course study prior to attending this course. Please spend this time re-familiarizing yourself with the foundation level material as you will need this knowledge for the course you will be attending.