The ITIL® Certificate in Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) Course is one of the four courses that fit into the capability stream for ITIL certification.
This certification is intended to enable the holders of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management to acquire the skills needed to begin the practical application of the concepts, covered by this course, in support of the Service Management lifecycle.
The main focus of the course is covered by the Service Design volume of the IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL®). The core volume of Service Design provides guidance on the design of new or changed services for introduction into the live environment. The ITIL® Framework is a source of good practice in service management. ITIL® is used by organizations worldwide to establish and improve capabilities in service management. The course is comprised of lecture sessions, facilitated assignments and exercises and a practice examination.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals who require a practical understanding of the Planning, Protection and Optimization processes and how they may be used to enhance the
- quality of IT service within an organization
- Operational staff involved in Capacity Management, Availability Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security
- Management, Demand Management, and Risk Management
- who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities
- Possession of one of the following:
ITIL v3 or 2011 Foundation
- ITIL v2 Foundation and v2/v3 Foundation Bridge.
On attending the course please ensure you provide documented evidence that you have passed the ITIL Foundation course by either presenting your certificate (or a copy of your certificate) to the course lecturer. If you cannot
provide the physical certificate, then as a minimum you must provide the certificate number. Failure to comply to these pre-requisites will result in delegates results being withheld by the PeopleCert. Delegates are required to complete 21 hours of pre-course study prior to attending this course. Please spend this time re-familiarizing yourself with the foundation level material as you will need this knowledge for the course you will be attending.
The exam is gradient, scenario-based multi-choice. There are 8 questions to be completed in 90 minutes. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks. The pass mark is 28 marks from 40 (70%). If taking an exam, candidates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided to the PeopleCert. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate’s exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT COURSES
- ITIL IT Service Management Foundation Certificate
- ITIL®Intermediate Lifecycle Service Operations
- ITIL®Intermediate Lifecycle Service Transition
- ITIL®Intermediate Lifecycle Continual Service Improvement
- ITIL®Intermediate Lifecycle Service Design
- ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle Service Strategy
- ITIL® IT Service Management Awareness
- ITIL Capability Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis
- ITIL Capability Certificate in Planning Protection and Optimization
- ITIL Capability Certificate in Release Control and Validation
- ITIL Capability Certificate in Service Offering and Agreements
- ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle
- DevOps Foundation®
- ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer