The ITIL Lifecycle in Continual Service Improvement Certificate is one of five courses that fit into the lifecycle stream of the ITIL certification. This certification is intended to enable the holders of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management to acquire the skills needed to begin the practical application of the concepts, covered by this course, in support of the Service Management lifecycle.
- The course aims to explain the roles and justify the need of CSI in the Service Lifecycle.
- The course prepares delegates for the ITIL® Lifecycle examination in Continual Service Improvement
The purpose of the CSI course is to obtain knowledge on ITIL concepts and terminology. The course looks at activities that may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization and enables students to understand the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in CSI. It also aims to give a detailed management/business level understanding of the ITIL® CSI phase of the ITIL core lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization.
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL Continual Service Improvement phase of the ITIL core lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization.
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a Continual Service Improvement environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules.
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master if IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
- Possession of ITIL Foundation Certificates.
- ITIL V2 Foundation plus Bridging Certificate.
On attending the course please ensure you provide documented evidence that you have passed the ITIL Foundation course by either presenting your certificate (or a copy of your certificate) to the course lecturer. If you cannot provide the physical certificate, then as a minimum you must provide the certificate number. Failure to comply to these prerequisites will result in delegates results being withheld by the PeopleCert. Delegates are required to complete 21 hours of pre-course study prior to attending this course. Please spend this time refamiliarizing yourself with the foundation level material as you will need this knowledge for the course you will be attending.
The exam is gradient, scenario-based multi-choice. There are 8 questions to be completed in 90 minutes. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks. The pass mark is 28 marks from 40 (70%). If taking an exam, delegates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided to PeopleCert. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate’s exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT COURSES
- ITIL IT Service Management Foundation Certificate
- ITIL®Intermediate Lifecycle Service Operations
- ITIL®Intermediate Lifecycle Service Transition
- ITIL®Intermediate Lifecycle Continual Service Improvement
- ITIL®Intermediate Lifecycle Service Design
- ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle Service Strategy
- ITIL® IT Service Management Awareness
- ITIL Capability Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis
- ITIL Capability Certificate in Planning Protection and Optimization
- ITIL Capability Certificate in Release Control and Validation
- ITIL Capability Certificate in Service Offering and Agreements
- ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle
- DevOps Foundation®
- ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer