ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle Service OperationsPosted on 04 Apr, 2018
CategoriesITIL® and IT Service Management Training
OverviewThe ITIL Service Operation Certificate Course is one of five lifecycle courses that fit into the intermediate stream for ITIL certification. It is a free-standing qualification but it is also a module contributing to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate. This certification is aimed at people involved with the management and control of Service Operation and, as such, does not cover process details in great depth. (For that level of information see the ITIL Expert Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis Certificate).
Course BenefitsThe Service Operation Course provides information to enable delegates to gain competencies in:
- Service Operations Principles
- Service Operation Processes
- Common Service Operation Activities
- Organizing Service Operation: Functions
- Technology Considerations
- Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
Course ObjectiveThe main focus of the course is covered by the Service Operation volume of the IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL®). The core volume of Service Operation provides guidance on the operation of new or changed services for introduction into the live environment.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service
- Management, and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals who require a understanding of Service Operation and how it enhances the quality of IT service within an organization
- Anyone involved in the ongoing management, coordination or integration of operational activities within the Service Lifecycle
- Starts on
The exam is gradient, scenario based multi-choice. There are 8 questions to be completed in 90 minutes. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
The pass mark is 28 marks from 40 (70%). If taking an exam, delegates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided to PeopleCert. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate’s exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
- Possession of ITIL Foundation Certificates
- ITIL V2 Foundation plus Bridging Certificate.
On attending the course please ensure you provide documented evidence that you have passed the ITIL Foundation course by either presenting your certificate (or a copy of your certificate) to the course lecturer. If you cannot
provide the physical certificate, then as a minimum you must provide the certificate number. Failure to comply to these pre-requisites will result in delegates results being withheld by the PeopleCert. Delegates are required to complete 21 hours of pre-course study prior to attending this course. Please spend this time refamiliarizing yourself with the foundation level material as you will need this knowledge for the course you will be attending. Examinations