The ITIL 4 Managing Professional designation can be achieved through the ITIL 4 Managing Professional transition module. The transition module is designed to allow ITIL v3 candidates who have already invested to easily transition across to ITIL 4. They therefore gain the designation of ITIL 4 Managing Professional via one course and one exam.
The transition module enables candidates to recognize their previous achievements while still gaining the up-to-date skills and knowledge needed to navigate the digital service economy.
Who are the target audience:
- Holders of ITIL Expert (v3) certificate
- ITIL v3 Candidates with a minimum of 17 credits
In other words, if you have passed (or are prepared to take) the MALC exam, then you are eligible to complete this transition module to obtain your ITIL 4 Managing Professional Designation.
- Key IT service management concepts
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
- Understand how to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver, and support services
- Know how relevant ITIL practices contribute to the creation, delivery and support across the SVS and Value streams
- Know how to create, deliver and support services
- Understand concepts regarding the high-velocity nature of the digital enterprise, including the demand it places on IT
- Understand the importance of the ITIL Guiding Principles and other fundamental concepts for delivering high velocity IT
ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition Course Content
The module will provide information on the key elements of the following modules from ITIL 4 Managing Professional:
- ITIL 4 Foundation
- ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver and Support (CDS)
- ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value (DSV)
- ITIL 4 Specialist High Velocity IT (HVIT)
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct Plan and Improve (DPI)