The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification is for Green Belts who want to advance their knowledge and pursue process improvement as a full-time role. This program has a strong focus on statistical analysis and organizational change management.
Black Belt Certification Requirements:
- IIL Course Attendance
- IIL Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam (online)
- 30 questions after each four-week period (four exams/120 questions total) – 70% passing score for each exam
- Lead and complete two projects within one year of completion of course
Who Should Attend
If advanced statistical analysis is needed to identify root causes and optimal process improvements, (Lean) Six Sigma Green Belts typically ask Black Belts or Master Black Belts to conduct these analyses. This course will change that. Green Belts wanting to advance
their statistical abilities will have a considerable amount of hands-on practice in techniques such as Statistical Process Control, MSA, Hypothesis Testing, Correlation and Regression, Design of Experiments and many others.
Participants will also work throughout the course on a real-world improvement project from their own business environment. This provides participants with hands-on learning and provides the organization with an immediate ROI once the project is completed. IIL instructors will provide free project coaching throughout the course.
What You Will Learn
You’ll learn how to:
- Use Minitab statistical software
- Decide on sampling strategies, sample size and confidence intervals
- Describe the difference between longterm and short-term process capability
- Measure rework, waste, or scrap by computing yield metrics
- Develop and analyze control charts for both continuous and discrete data
- Perform a measurement system analysis
- Apply hypothesis tests to compare variance, means and proportions
- Conduct regression and residual analyses
- Design and analyze experiments
What are the career benefits in-store for you?
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt opens up plenty of career opportunities. The potential for job growth will increase along with the overall pay. Those who are trained in this course can easily expect some openings exclusively offered to them. Those who are trained in this methodology have lucrative ideas and are respected and sought after in their field. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training can help in a number of ways. Individuals looking to excel can easily tap into these training courses and get on the fast track to a successful career.
Prerequisites: IIL’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Certification or equivalent