This program is designed to enable you to fulfill the important role of a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and to incorporate the Lean Six Sigma mindset into your leadership skills. With a real-world project focus, the program will teach the fundamental tools and techniques of the DMAIC process improvement methodology.
Green Belt Certification Requirements:
- IIL Course Attendance
- IIL Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Exam (online)
- 50 questions after session one and upon completion of the course (two exams/100 questions total) – 70% passing score for each exam
- Lead and complete one project within one year of completion of course
Who Should Attend
Process experts, team members, project leaders who will lead smaller projects, individuals who will support Black Belts with data collection and future leaders who want to learn this valuable skill set will all benefit tremendously from this series.
Participants will learn how to select high-impact projects that align to the organizational objectives and strategy. Once the projects are identified they’ll learn how to properly plan the Six Sigma project, identify the CTQs (Customer Requirements), measure process capability, analyze data, identify root causes, implement improvements, and sustain the gains.
Using hands-on, interactive exercises and simulations, instructors will demonstrate when, why and how Six Sigma tools and techniques are used to identify and eliminate defect drivers and Lean tools and techniques are used to improve speed in critical business processes. IIL instructors will provide free project coaching throughout the course.
What You Will Learn
You’ll learn how to:
- Select high-impact projects
- Identify and measure critical customer requirements
- Identify and collect non-biased data
- Identify current process capability
- Analyze data Using SigmaXL statistical software (provided free with registration)
- Determine high-impact root causes
- Design and test solutions
- Make improvements sustainable
- Determine the difference between Common and Special Cause Variation
Upon successful achievement, Professionals will receive a Certificate, suitable for framing, issued by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification or its designated Examination Institute, People Cert. Professionals will also receive the IASSC Marks and IASSC Marks Usage Policy which may be used on public profiles such as LinkedIn.
Professionals may use the designation ICGB, IASSC Certified Green Belt or any approved variation of the designation after their name in accordance with the IASSC Marks Usage Policy. Prerequisites: A basic understanding of quality