Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt is an entry-level certification of foundational concepts and techniques. Through process improvement and management by fact, you’ll learn ways to quickly remove non-value added costs and improve customer satisfaction.
Yellow Belt Certification Requirements:
- IIL Course Attendance
- IIL Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam (online)
- 30 multiple-choice questions taken within 30 days of course completion – 70% passing score
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in learning the fundamental principles, concepts and terminology of Lean Six Sigma will benefit from this course. Executives, managers, support employees, account managers, sales representatives and operational managers who support Lean Six Sigma (either internally or externally through customers engaged in this initiative) should not miss this opportunity. This class is also perfect for employees about to participate on a Lean Six Sigma team.
There are three main facets of Lean Six Sigma:
- It is a Business Management Strategy that aligns your organization through clearly defined roles and responsibilities; it also provides a comprehensive set of measurements to help align projects with strategic objectives.
- Secondly, it measures the capability of any process to determine the ability to deliver products and/or services without defects.
- Finally, it is a rigorous methodology to improve or redesign critical processes. This comprehensive course will teach you the fundamental aspects of each facet. You will learn, practice and apply the basic concepts, tools and techniques necessary for process improvement. Improved processes will result in higher quality, lower costs and improved customer satisfaction
What You Will Learn
You will learn how to:
- Establish the structure that supports and sustains Lean Six Sigma Quality
- Identify and calculate key Lean Six Sigma Measurements (Sigma, DPMO and Yield)
- Select successful, high-impact projects that match to strategic objectives
- Document, measure and improve key processes using the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) Methodology
- Utilize data-based thinking to make key business decisions
Upon successful achievement, Professionals will receive a Certificate, suitable for framing, issued by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification or its designated Examination Institute; People Cert. Professionals will also receive the IASSC Marks and IASSC Marks Usage Policy which may be used on public profiles such as LinkedIn. Professionals may use the designation ICYB, IASSC Certified Yellow Belt or any approved variation of the designation after their name in accordance with the IASSC Marks Usage Policy. Prerequisites: None
- PRINCE2® Foundation + Practitioner
- Managing Successful Programmes Foundation and Practitioner
- Managing Successful Programmes Advanced Practitioner
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification
- Managing Projects using Microsoft Project 2013 and Certification
- MoP Foundation and Practitioner
- PRINCE2 Executive Overview
- PRINCE2® Agile Practitioner
- APMG Agile Project Management Foundation + Practitioner