MoP Foundation and PractitionerPosted on 04 Apr, 2018
OverviewManagement of Portfolios (MoP) provides advice and examples of how to apply principles, practices, and techniques that together enable the most effective balance of organizational change and business as usual. Delivered by fully accredited trainers and industry leading experts with extensive experience of portfolio management, the course engages with the students to ensure that theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of MoP.
Course ObjectiveThe objective of the course is to prepare students for both the MoP Foundation and Practitioner level examinations. To confirm understanding of the MoP principles, cycles, practices, techniques, roles and documentation. This will enable them to work as an informed member of a Portfolio Office or in a range of Portfolio Management roles. Specifically they will know and understand the:
- Scope and objectives of portfolio management and how it differs from programme and project management
- Benefits from applying portfolio management
- Context within which it operates
- Principles upon which successful portfolio management is based
- Approaches to implementation, the factors to consider in maintaining progress, and how to assess the success of portfolio management
Target Audience:The MoP Practitioner qualification is aimed at those involved in a range of formal and informal portfolio management roles encompassing investment decision making, project and programme delivery, and benefits realization.
PrerequisitesA successful Practitioner delegate should be able to apply and understand how to tailor MoP effectively. And, with suitable support, be able to advise on the implementation of appropriate practices, techniques, and apply the method to a live portfolio. Specifically, candidates should be able to demonstrate their ability to:
- Define the business case to get senior management approval for portfolio management
- Plan the implementation of portfolio management
- Select and adapt MoP principles, practices and techniques to suit different organizational environments
- Evaluate examples of MoP information (including documents and role descriptions)
- Analyze the solutions adopted in relation to a given scenario
ExaminationsThe MoP Foundation exam consists of:
- 50 multiple choice questions
- 40 minutes
- Candidates require a minimum of 25 correct answers (50%) to pass.
- 80 multiple choice questions
- 3 hours
- Candidates require a minimum of 40 correct answers (50%) to pass.