PRINCE2 Executive OverviewPosted on 04 Apr, 2018
OverviewPRINCE2® is increasingly being viewed as best practice project management and is being taken up by leading private sector companies as well as public sector organizations in the world. It is suitable for planning and controlling any type of project, regardless of scope or size, and introduces a process driven approach to project management with supporting components and techniques. This course provides a comprehensive introduction to the PRINCE2 method. It is driven by the creation of a high-level process map of the PRINCE2 method that will be used to identify the main components of the method for interactive discussion between attendees.
PrerequisitesAnyone who requires a high-level view of the PRINCE2 method, an appreciation of the steps involved and how it can be applied to any project. Typically delegates may be drawn from the user community, management or project sponsors, project support office personnel, and potential PRINCE2 practitioners.
Delegates will learn how to
- understand the rationale and structure of PRINCE2 and the principles which underpin
- Understand the PRINCE2 process model
- Understand the PRINCE2 themes
- Appreciate the opportunities to tailor the method to specific organizational/project requirements
- Understand the benefits that can accrue from the implementation of a structured
- Project management method such as PRINCE2
Introduction to the PRINCE2 Method
- What PRINCE2:2009 is and what it is not; How PRINCE2:2009 addresses Project Failure and ensures Project Success
The Process-Based Approach
- The elements of PRINCE2; An introduction to the structure - Principles, Processes and Themes; Relationship between the PRINCE2 Processes, Activities and themes; High-level PRINCE2 Process map
- Key PRINCE2 themes; Organisation; Business Case; Plans; Risk; Change; Quality; Progress