With PRINCE2 Foundation you get an introduction to the PRINCE2 method. It is designed to provide you with sufficient knowledge and understanding, to the PRINCE2 method well enough to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The Foundation certification is also a prerequisite for the Practitioner certification.
Who is PRINCE2 Foundation for:
The PRINCE2® Foundation Certification is suitable for individuals who want to demonstrate they have sufficient understanding of the PRINCE2 methodology and can work effectively as part of a team or with a project management team within a PRINCE2 supporting environment.
The PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate is also a pre-requisite for individuals wishing to achieve the PRINCE2 Practitioner or the PRINCE2 Agile® certification.
Get more valuable skills- Equip yourself with a highly-demanded certification in Project Management
Understand the PRINCE2 method- Learn the best practice to be able to work effectively as member of team working within a PRINCE2 environment
Get set for the future- PRINCE2 Foundation is the prerequisite for higher levels of Project Management certifications, like PRINCE2 Practitioner and PRINCE2 Agile®
Number of marks: 60 marks. There are 60 questions, each worth 1 mark. There is no negative marking.
Pass mark: 33 marks. You will need to get 33 questions correct (55%) to pass the exam. Duration: 60 minutes
NOTE: Candidates taking the exam in a language that is not their native or working language may be awarded 25% extra time, i.e. 75 minutes in total.
Materials permitted: This is a ‘closed book’ examination. No materials other than the examination materials are permitted.
- Objective testing
- 68 questions per paper
- 38 marks or more required to pass (out of 68 available): approximately 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours’ (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only).
- PRINCE2® Foundation + Practitioner
- Managing Successful Programmes Foundation and Practitioner
- Managing Successful Programmes Advanced Practitioner
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification
- Managing Projects using Microsoft Project 2013 and Certification
- MoP Foundation and Practitioner
- PRINCE2 Executive Overview
- PRINCE2® Agile Practitioner
- APMG Agile Project Management Foundation + Practitioner