Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam PreparationPosted on 04 Apr, 2018
Introduction:More organizations are turning to the Project Management Institute’s (PMI)® Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK® Guide and Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification as the source of competency in project management excellence. Surveys by PMI® have proven that certified Project Management Professionals experience higher average earnings and hiring preferences worldwide. This seminar will prepare you to take this examination. It will cover all key aspects of PMBOK® Guide and will prepare you for the examination through review of material, daily test simulations, and examination taking tips.
- Establish norms and ground rules for effective team communication.
- Generate project requirements and the operational success criteria to be achieved by the project’s outcome.
- Create a project Work Breakdown Structure with associated Specifications.
- Design a project schedule with activities, durations and interdependencies.
- Delineate, assign and track project resources and associated costs.
- Identify and quantify project risks and develop resolution strategies.
- Understand basic contract types and the project ramifications.
- Identify, capture, measure and analyze important project metrics.
- Create a high-performing project team focused on customer satisfaction.
- Develop and document a comprehensive and integrated project plan.
- Starts on 09 Apr 2018 to 13 Apr | 07 May 2018 to 11 May 2018 in Nairobi
Who should attend:
- Project managers and team leaders who are preparing for the PMP® certification exam.
- Other project personnel and functional managers who work with projects will benefit from a better understanding of how their functional responsibilities fit into the total project management task.
Why Harmony Training?
- Well paced blended training (classroom and online)
- 35 PDUs granted on completion of course
- Participants will be provided course material aligned to PMBOK® Guide
- Quality of course material is first-rate as it is prepared by subject matter experts. Our success rate is almost 87%
Some of the key competitive advantages that distinguish PMP® Examination Preparation Training Program of Harmony:
- Following up/guiding the participant until he/she appears for the PMI® PMP® Certification Examination
- Working with fellow project managers, participants will discuss their experiences and concerns in context with industry practices as they get training and following up
- Most importantly, participants will use/experience a real-life tools, techniques, templates etc
- The Course shall be extended and enhanced by the Project Management (PM) Extensions for the Application Area-specific knowledge and practices
- Full Course training materials & the best preparation sources as a Hardcopy & Softcopy will be provided.
This Course assumes that participants are already aware of basic project management theory, principles, techniques and procedures. The Course is designed to prepare the participants for the PMP® Examination and speed-up his readiness to pass the test the first time. You must be familiar with the basic elements of work breakdown structures, activity network
diagrams and activity duration estimating, cost estimating, contracting, leadership and team development, quality management, risk, earned
value management and organizational structures for projects.
Participants should be eligible to sit for the PMP® certification examination.
You will review all key areas of the PMBOK® Guide with tips on how to remember specific information. You will take examination simulations that will heighten your readiness for a successful outcome You will receive tips on taking the examination that will save you time on the examination day and raise your level of comfort You will receive the recommended references for the PMP® Certification Exam.
The Project Management Framework, Context and Processes developing a mental model Developing a mental model for organizing and
remembering the specific bits of information covered in the PMBOK® Guide, the recommended references and the PMP® Certification Exam.
Your course experience will cover:
1. Project Manager Role
2. Document Relationships
3. Scheduling Processes
4. Estimating Methodologies and Budgeting Practices
6. Risk Management
9. Team Structures/Practices
10. Understanding the need to establish variance and change thresholds for scope, time and cost control.
The Project Management Framework, Context and Processes developing a mental
Model Developing a mental model for organizing and remembering the specific bits of information covered in the PMBOK® Guide, the recommended references and the PMP® Certification Exam.