As we move through the disciplines promoted by Scrum, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of this agile product development methodology, while specifically reviewing the behaviors expected of a Product Owner. While many of us may be accustomed to the practice of establishing value and priority across projects, the Product Owner needs to consider value and priority across the features of a single project.
The Product Owner represents the interests of the stakeholder community to the Scrum Team. The Product Owner is responsible for ensuring clear communication of product or service functionality requirements to the Scrum Team, defining Acceptance Criteria, and ensuring those criteria are met. The Product Owner must always maintain a dual view. He or she must understand and support the needs and interests of all stakeholders, while also understanding the needs and workings of the Scrum Team.
Applicants will be awarded the Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC™) certificate by SCRUMstudy upon successfully passing the certification exam.
- Technical professionals associated with the specification, design, development and testing of products
- Product Managers/Business Analysts
- Functional/Operational Managers/Directors
- Project Sponsors
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/ CIOs/CTOs)
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum for product management
- After successfully completing this class, participants will be registered with the Scrum Alliance as Certified Scrum Product Owners (CSPO), and will have online access to the class training materials and any updates for one year.
- Project Management Professionals can also claim 14 PDUs with the Project Management Institute.
There is no formal prerequisite for this certification. However, SDC™ or SMC™ Certified professionals will be able to better understand the concepts required for this certification exam.
- Multiple Choices
- 140 questions per exam
- One mark awarded for every right answer
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 180 minutes duration
- Proctored online exam
Module 1: Agile Thinking
Module 2: The Scrum Framework Module 3: Scrum Roles
Module 4: The Product Backlog Module 5: Velocity and Story Points
Module 6: Prioritization Considerations and Methods
Module 7: Extracting Value and the Cost of Change
Module 8: Meetings and Artifacts
Module 9: Advanced Considerations
Module 10: Closing Topics